Friday, October 27, 2006

Awaiting the new arrival


We have entered the world of blogging! If you have yet to be informed, we will be entering the world of parenthood in 6 short months. We are very excited and still a little bit in a state of disbelief. Perhaps the ultrasound in November will make it all a little more real.

The only evidence of a baby in our home would be miscellaneous pregnancy books and magazines. I'm a little frightened to enter the world of baby stuff. I keep reassuring myself that at some point I'll get better educated and look at Consumer Reports. That is my only reassurance for now that I'll buy the safest crib, stroller, car seat, etc....and I'm so hoping the safe ones have a bit a design and aren't painful to look at!

We've begun the doggie behavioral adjustment program - and this time we are serious about it. Now we can only think about, "Oh, that will scare the baby, wake the baby, traumatize the baby." So we are doing our best to curb the jumping up, barking, food stealing, garbage can raiding, couch chewing... As you can see, we have a long way to go. However, we just received our secret weapon in the mail, the dog whisperer's book - Cesar's Way. We'll keep you updated on our wild animal taming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute dogs. They look so calm. Did you use drugs? Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys, the twins on the way is fantastic news! Sounds like double trouble to me!