Friday, August 29, 2008

Olympic Medalists


Addie & Jasmine received a gold medal last week in the team sport of couch vaulting. It is a very difficult sport that requires much concentration and straining. One must position oneself just so on top of Mommy's magazine box (extra points for scrunching as many magazines as possible) pulling forward and grunting on the couch arm until one suddenly tumbles unexpectedly forward face first into the couch. The real trick is to recover and move on before one's sister body slams you from behind. The clincher for the medal was Addie's one handed couch vault with sippy cup securely clutched in the other hand.


The girls also medaled in "Bad Morning Hair," unfortunately they only got silver since Mommy won the gold in this category!


Addie competed, but did not medal in chariot racing...she couldn't convince the dogs to participate!


Jasmine refueling post Olympic events! : )

3 comments:

The D's said...

Wow, what a time you guys have had! I will keep my fingers crossed for the house!!! I love your Olympic pictures and especially the creativity in events! I've wanted to call you lately but I know you are beyond busy right now so give me a call sometime when things settle down! 573-418-7879.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those girls are so adorable. I just don't know how you do it - taking care of those two and moving at the same time. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Angie said...

Hee hee I love this post! So cute to see the girlies in action.