Wednesday, April 01, 2009

More Camera Please

My parents stopped by last week on their way back into town from a Spring Break road trip. The girls were thrilled to see them. My dad brought in his camera and took some candid shots of the girls. After a minute or so break from their modeling session - Jasmine looks at my dad, flashes her brightest grin, and says "more camera, please!" Oh...no...

We started a Love & Logic (parenting class) last night. My parents are teaching it - which always brings out amusing stories sourced from Andrew & I's childhood. Thankfully, this particular class is aimed at young children - and everyone in the class has a 2 or 3 year old - so we can all relate! Our homework was to come up with an empathic but brain dead response to whining/arguing. Need less to say, I've said the phrase, "How sad" 50+ times today. I'm really hoping for some good tools to end bedtime battles and reduce tantrums!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oooh please share. I wanted to do the class but my schedule right now is a little nutty so I opted to not participate. I want to hear how to deal with whining ;)Cute pics of the girls. Can you believe they are almost 2?!

Sab Mad said...

Love the new header and I'm SHOCKED at how big the girl's are getting! They are adorable!!

The Ford Family said...

Let me know if you get anything good for whining! I'm REAL tired of that one!
Tami