Friday, September 25, 2009

At Some Points It Is All About Survival!

Some of my friends say that I always seem so calm and collected - so go with the flow. Here are the details of a day from this past week that I was anything but collected! I'm hoping to not have a 24 hour period like this one any time soon!

8:00 pm - Tinsley poops in Stella's room (Disgusting)

11:00 pm - Tinsley wakes us up to go outside (Annoyed)

1:00 am - Tinsley wakes us up to go outside (Seriously Annoyed)

1-3:00 am - I can't fall back asleep and eventually go lay on the couch in the living room (Pissed)

3:30 am - Stella wakes up to eat (Relieved to have something to do since I'm awake anyways)

6:30 am - Stella wake up to eat (Bummed - hoping for more sleep)

7:00 am - Toddlers wake up to start their days (Ugh...the day starting already)

7:30 am - Alex leaves for work and Addie pees her pants in Stella's room (Not a good sign for the day)

11:00 -1:00 am - Host play group, referee toddler fights while trying to eat and talk to friends (Provides momentary distraction in a yucky day)

1:30 pm - Get Addie & Mina down for naps (Looks like the stars are aligning and all three kids will be asleep at once)

1:35 pm - Stella wakes up screaming (only been asleep for 30 minutes)

1:40 pm - Tinsley vomits in the office (Seriously!!!)

3:00 pm - Addie & Mina wake up (Not already)

3:15 pm - Addie poops in her pants (Great! They are potty trained and even go to the bathroom by themselves...where is this coming from!!!!)

3:30 pm - Addie spills a huge cup of hot tea all over herself and the floor just as I'm sitting down to nurse Stella and drink the tea (which was suppose to soothe my sanity - instead I lose it).

4:30 pm - Come out of Stella's room after putting her to sleep to find Addie eating Dessicant - the stuff in the paper packages in new shoe boxes that say DO NOT EAT! (At this point I'm so beyond reason I just stare at her in silent amazement and eventually tell her to go to her room so I can Google dessicant).

4:32 pm - Google dessicant and find out it is not toxic - just labeled do not eat because the package size is a choking hazard! Whew! (Ah, the things you learn...)

5:30 pm - Sit down to dinner with Alex & the girls - and they won't eat a bite (veggie tacos)

6:30 pm - Leave Alex with the girls to go to a friend's house to gather some sanity (Sweet relief)

8:30 pm - Return home to find that Stella has screamed most of the time I've been gone and has finally fallen asleep! (So glad I left when I did...may have really wanted to crawl in a dark hole if I had stayed).

Life got drastically better the next day - it was Thursday - Parent's Day Out. The girls happily went off to school and I left Stella with a babysitter and had my haircut. It never felt so luxurious to simply sit and have someone cut my hair and have adult conversation! Ah...the little things in life!

No comments: