Friday, October 09, 2009

Cooking, Cleaning, and Careening


So - I didn't used to cook - EVER. I'd make scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, and there would end my culinary skills. Somehow though with the arrival of Stella, I'm now interested in food in a way I never have been. It could be all my cooking friends, the garden my dad planted in our backyard, a desire to eat healthy and lose baby weight, etc... The girls are quite interested in my afternoon activities as I get dinner ready for the evening. They helped me make stuffed peppers and recycled the cans.

Mina made my worst potty nightmare come true as well this week. My biggest fear was that while potty training they would pee on our bed. The girls watch Sesame Street on our bed every morning while I shower in the master bath. When I got out of the shower on this morning, Mina informed me she had, "Pee pee on the pillow..." Ah - imagine the relief I felt when I discovered it was Daddy's pillow! : ) In the picture, Mina is holding Daddy's freshly laundered pillow.

The girl also still have a love for pulling all the wipes out of a wipes box. We let them go to town because these wipes were completely dried out. They had a ball and even "washed" some windows!


Alex and I took Addie & Mina to Silver Dollar City with our friends Geoff & Danae and their two year old daughter, Sophie. Stella stayed with our good friend, Mary Magnus for the morning. The girls got to ride their first amusement park rides. On the first few rides they'd say halfway through the ride, "All done now!!! Get off!!!!" After they got the hang of it, they'd laugh and smile and wave their arms around. It was fun to get to see them experiencing something so completely new. Plus, all the stimulation must have really exhausted them because they took a three hour nap afterward!

No comments: