Monday, April 16, 2007

The big 40

So, we've all heard the stories about women who have gone out in public after having their baby and have a stranger ask them when they are due...I've lived that story several times now! I, however, have not felt like it made me want to cry (yet).

Today was very reassuring. I went for my two week check-up with my OB to make sure my stitches were healing fine. They weighed me while I was there - and I've already lost forty of the sixty pounds I gained during my pregnancy. That is a forty pound weight loss in two weeks! With screaming infants and sleep deprivation, a girl has got to find some small things to celebrate each day to keep going. The loss of forty pounds in two weeks is going to tide me over on the things to celebrate for quite some time!

Otherwise, the girls are doing well! Jasmine continues to want to be up all night - while Addison sleeps peacefully in her bassinet! Argh!!! I've been told this eventually irons itself out - hopefully sooner rather than later for her parents sake!

4 comments:

Ms. Burly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Burly said...

Holy Cow Miriam - that is awesome! & yes I definitely believe in celebrating the little things, or rather the major things! I hope the girls get on a steady schedule soon!

Anonymous said...

Miriam, you are a poster woman for pregnancy beauty before and after! I swear, it's just not fair! Congratulations on your big 4-0. Looking forward to seeing you, the girls and Alex in person.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is no small hurdle!! You totally deserve to celebrate!! I'm so happy for you!

Kim