Thursday, June 26, 2008

And We're Back



Swimming at Table Rock Lake with grandma & grandpa.


The girls' first experience on a public playground at Branson Landing. To give them the extra energy they needed we gave them their first ice cream just before! They had mango sorbet (lactose intolerant) from Häagen-Dazs. They LOVED both the sorbet and the playground - although all good things come to an end and we had to endure screaming as we took them away from their new favorite place!


Addie looking quizzically at the lemon she just tasted!



Jasmine played her favorite game with grandma at lunch - "I drop - you pick up!"


Cute shot of Jasmine from the previous week when we had a picnic with some girlfriends.


My brother, sister-in-law, and hubby after a fabulous dinner at a Mexican restuarant at Branson Landing outside on the patio in full view of the fountain & fire show that went off on the hour.


Sarah and I enjoying some adult time without children! : )

And now, the rest of the story...
We went to Branson, Missouri this past week for a family reunion with my dad's side of the family (which I neglected to take any pictures of!!!) It was fun to see them after such a long time and catch up. (Although we definitely wished Robert, Sarah, David, Kristine, & Rachel could have been there!) The best part of the trip was sharing a lake house with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. Since we only see Andrew, Sarah, and Sawyer a few times a year, Alex and I both loved having them in the same house so we could just hang out.

However, I now have no desire to take a vacation with twin one year olds again! It is slightly maddening to try and manage their chaos & routines while away from home in a house that isn't babyproofed, doesn't have swings/playset, their normal two tons of toys, etc. I was either worried about what they were getting into, or who they were bothering! I know, it probably could have been better if I could have relaxed - but this is one instance where I think having twins just multiples the craziness.

Ah, but we'll get a chance to perfect this whole vacation thing in October. Alex's parents are coming to visit and we are staying in a timeshare for a week...maybe I should take some sedatives (for me) along! : )

No comments: