Friday, August 20, 2010

Time Away


Alex and I celebrated our birthdays in June with a trip to K.C. It was a short getaway - but it was fun to hang out with our good friends, Geoff and Danae. We rode rollercoasters at Worlds of Fun, stayed on the Plaza, ate at Lydia's (incredible food - a fave of G&D), and slept in!


I'm guessing Alex and Geoff's favorite part of the trip was the time we spent on the roof top of O'douds Irish Pub in the afternoon. It was such a treat to sit and relax and let time pass!


Danae and I snuck in some shopping before we met the guys on the rooftop.


Later that month, I went to Dallas with another girlfriend, Tina. We were so excited to leaving town without children we left Springfield at 6:00 am! Too bad we got a bit turned around and lost some time finding our final destination... : ) Above I'm eating Dallas' top rated hamburger and Kenny's Bar & Grill.


No comments: