Sunday, March 25, 2007

My poor body....!

Hello all!

Some might think this a rather strange title, especially considering the fact that my dear wife is struggling through the final stages of a long, double-whammy pregnancy! However, I do believe the stress of pre-fatherhood has taken its toll on me too...yesterday I had to go and pick out glasses! (Mainly for driving, it turns out I've become near-sighted, so road-signs and the like have become particularly challenging!) The shock and horror of it all I tell you. The realization that my body is not as perfectly ever-lasting as I had hoped has been a tough one to deal with. Especially coupled with the dodgy knee, pre-cavities(!) and a strangley stiff neck at times! Oh well, I guess I just have to buck up and deal with it right! I know that whining to Miriam gets me nowhere in a hurry, a distinct lack of sympathy from her in that area!

Anyway, she's done incredibly well throughout this whole pregnancy. The babies are doing amazing well, and she's still up and about (when she's not glued to her favorite recliner!) and generally in good spirits, except when I defy her wishes or have a whine! It's amazing to think that the girls are almost here, the strange mix of excitement, nervousness and sheer terror is a wierd combination to deal with. Oh well, only 8 days to go and we'll finally get to meet the two little terrors who've been stomping on Mims bladder and beating on her ribs!


And here is what will most likely be the last pic of Mim in all her 225 pound glory! Hope you're all well and loving life!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We can't believe how soon your girls will be here; we can't wait to meet them. Take care, and let us know if you need ANYTHING.
love,
the Witts

Lauren said...

The whole belly button popping out makes me think God DOES have a sense of humor. Its like He installed turkey timers on all women so that everyone can tell when the baby is "done"! You look great - Miriam (as always). =) Hang in there - 1 more week!

Danielle said...

Wow, Miriam....that is one impressive bump!! So excited for you guys and looking forward to seeing pics of your little girls. Hang in there!
Love,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Oh Alex! You're so funny complaining about your poor body. I think glasses are wonderful (of course I do since I wear them). Personally, I think Steve looks better in them and I'll bet you do too!

Can't wait to meet those precious little girls! Today's the day, isn't it?! Hooray! Miriam will finally get to see her feet.