Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seven Random Things

My friend Tammy tagged me on her blog - which means I am suppose to write seven random things about myself that you don't already know about me. I must admit my brain is a bit mush when it comes to thinking about myself these days - I could tell you all kinds of random things about my girls that you don't know - I guess that is what happens to you when you are a new parent you think about baby baby baby and in my case baby baby baby baby baby baby! I'll try not to be one of those people who discusses my children's poop color at parties....but a girl can only do so much.

Okay here it goes:

1. I'm alot nicer to my dogs now that I have children - gotta be a good role model you know! Plus, screaming at the dogs to stop barking would only wake/frighten the babies! Lucky break for the dogs!

2. I'm really a blonde. Ha, just kidding! Actually I've never dyed my hair a completely different color - only had highlights at times. I guess I figured my brother covered the hair dying thing in college with pink, blue, silver, highlighter yellow, and leopard print hair.

3. I hate socks. I get depressed when the weather gets cold enough that I have to wear socks and shoes. I love the ease and freedom of flip flops - even wore them down the aisle on my wedding day - much to the chagrin of my mother! : )

4. I only cook/bake/make food that is pretty or fun - which leaves me making desserts and appetizers for the most part! I have a hard time motivating myself to make practical food like entrees! But, I'm guessing with children in our house, that is about to change!

5. I wasn't much of a housekeeper pre-children. I have a much greater interest in keeping the house presentable now. It probably has something to do with the fact that I don't leave the house for days on end and can no longer escape from the messes I use to make! Plus, when Alex is home to help with the babies, just getting to load the dishwasher in peace feels like freedom.

6. I used to visit the animal shelter weekly when we lived in an apartment just up the street. If I didn't have limited space and a husband who has more rational moments than I do - I'd have way too many adopted pets!

7. I hate routine - my husband loves it. I can't eat the same thing for breakfast every morning for weeks - Alex will eat oatmeal every morning until he dies. I get bored always knowing what is coming. I find now that I've got an interesting mix of both routine and excitement. The girls have a fairly predictable routine - eat - sleep - poop - repeat. But then there are moments like yesterday that keep the excitement alive.

Yesterday, my friend Kim came over during her lunch break and brought me fast food. Jasmine was being fussy, so she picked her up and let her fall asleep on her shoulder. Jasmine slept there for about a half hour, and then woke up and spit up a little on Kim's shoulder. Kim held her out in front of her just a bit as I handed her a burp cloth. At this time, Jasmine did a full throw up down the inside of Kim's shirt! Needless to say, Kim went back to work in my shirt and was a fantastic sport about all of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miriam, I'm impressed you even had time to play this silly little game! It cracks me up that you only make "pretty" food. I'm with you on the animal shelter thing - if I had the room, I'd end up being the crazy cat lady of the neighborhood. I can't stand to see an animal hungry or hurt.

Anonymous said...

That friend Kim sounds like she really must like you and your kids. ;o) haha Like I said, it's part of being friends with mothers and someday I hope my single friends will be just as understanding. However, for the record, I've never seen a child throw up as much as Jasmine did. =)