Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Summer Wear 2007



Here are the girls all dressed up for Alex's company picnic last Saturday! Alex took a mini photo shoot while I snuck off to get my shower for the weekend! It is fun to dress the girls up - I think I may become more addicted to buying clothes for them - then for myself...is it possible?! Oh - and Alex also was the hair stylist for the photos! : )

Life at home has been getting a bit easier. There are moments when they both are screaming that they are dreadfully hungry and nothing else will do - I try to forget about those moments once they pass and just get through them when they arrive. The moments I try to remember are when they stare at each other wide eyes and try to grab each other, when they curl up in my arms and sleep, when they smell like lavender after their baths, the new little cooing sounds they are learning to make, the faces they make when I zerbert their bellies, and on and on.

The medical update is that both girls have acid reflux. It isn't too serious, just means they spit up more and don't like to be laid flat after they've eaten. We've succumbed to letting them sleep in bouncy seats during the day and swings at night. We tried to be more "hard-nosed" and follow the Baby Whisper's schedule and rules and it turned our lives upside down. The girls would follow the schedule during the day, but then wake even more frequently during the night and be difficult to get back to sleep. Valuing sleep more then schedules, we've dropped the schedule! They eat and sleep as they please for the moment, and we will try the schedule thing again once they are 3-4 months old. Last night was our first night that the girls sleep for 6 hours straight. I had Alex check to make sure Addison was still breathing when Jasmine woke us up with her hunger cry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys the girls are looking adorable. Neve also has reflux and was always so miserable lying on her back. I bought one of those walkers at around 4 months when she could hold her head up, took the wheels off and let her "stand" and play in it. Gives you a break for a bit and lets her entertain herself and of course strengthens the little body.
She is now almost at the crawling stage. I say almost because she brings herself onto all fours then rocks not sure what to do next.
Skimps