Monday, May 14, 2007

A Tribute to Grandma Ang


We were sooo grateful for the five weeks that Alex's mother was able to come and stay with us! She kept us sane as we transitioned to our new role of parents of newborn twins! She cooked, she cleaned, she did laundry daily, she walked the dogs, she burped babies, diapered babies, rocked babies (even in the early am hours), and generally encouraged us any way she could.

We could not have done it without you!

You also may have noticed that I have not posted in awhile - that is because I'm am now full-time mother of twins on my own - who somedays barely has time to go to the bathroom or eat! I'll try to give the occasional update and post pictures when the miracle of two simultaneous sleeping babies happens.

Another HUGE thank you to all our friends who have brought us meals, came by to just hold a baby and give us a break, or generally stopped by just to give me (the house bound one) news of the outside world! I really appreciate all of your thoughtful gestures and hope you continue to come visit me!


Sponsers Dan and Mary Magnus and Andrew and Sarah Baker

Here are some pictures of our girls' baptism. Their beautiful dresses were made by Marilyn Haldiman - they were beautiful! It truly is an amazing thing to remember that our girls belong to the Lord - that we are just their caretakers. The baptism was unique in the history of Redeemer (as far as I know)! When Pastor Maas dipped his hand into the water bowl to baptize Addison - his hand clinked instead of splashed - yep - someone forgot to put the water in!



Alex's cousins, Claudia and Hayley made it up from Dallas, Texas for the girls' baptism. They were wonderful with the girls - and definitely gave us a break from baby holding/soothing!


I love this picture of Grandpa Baker and Addison napping together!

1 comment:

Ms. Burly said...

I love their dresses they are so beautiful!
Looking forward to bringing you more tidings from the "Outside world"
-Ang