Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving


Here's a picture of our Thanksgiving crowd playing spoons! Alex's cousins, Claudia and Hayley came up from Dallas, Texas, and my best friend from college, Leah, came from Orlando, Florida! We had a great time just relaxing, drinking tea - lots of tea (Alex's family is obsessed with tea...you know you are!) It was also fun to see the girls laugh and get so much attention. They are a little sad today, however, because someone isn't holding them 24/7!

We made almost all Weight Watcher's recipes for Thanksgiving dinner...and the cranberry relish was good, the potatoes were okay (a bit runny), the turkey was fabulous, and the pumpkin custards were DISGUSTING! The custards were my fabulous contribution to the meal...the downfall was replacing Kool Whip with yogurt - bahk! Everyone was kind and didn't mock the meal too much! : )

We also all became obsessed with Connect Four. I picked it up at a resale store on Saturday and we played it ALL DAY LONG! I thought it was a good price - I'd just tuck it away for the girls...instead we all took turns embarrassing ourselves by missing obvious connect fours! My favorite way to play is with wagers. Alex has to put the Christmas lights up by tonight because he lost one game too many....!



Belle also had a fabulous time! One night she passed out on the couch with her rawhide chew hanging out of her mouth...too tired to chew it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww good times. thanks so much for a wonderful time. I shall be going to the goodwill store to get my own connect 4 game. be ready for a challenge Mims next thanksgiving :)
lots of love clauds xxxx

The D's said...

O my, I laughed out loud at your blog entry, unfortunately I didn't update mine first...we also played spoons! We had minor injuries at my mom's and at Michael's parents! I also made a dive under the table to get a wayward spoon! Who knew we would both have this great experience!