Tuesday, September 02, 2008

To Do List

We are moving on Saturday....ahahahah!!! Since we close on our house on Friday, the 12th...we'll need to be moved before that so we've decided to move this coming weekend. There is SO MUCH going on all at once - it is hard to keep up and keep it all straight!

I keep remember yet another thing that needs to be done before this weekend (i.e. switch all utilities, cable, phone, etc. to the rental house), buy an oven for the rental house, pick up more boxes, reserve a U-Haul, pack boxes, schedule babysitting, get friend's to help Saturday morning, have food for friends who are helping Saturday morning...and I could go on and on!)

Plus, the rental house we are moving into will hopefully be ready just in time....! It has sat vacant for a year and was not left in the best condition. The painter hopes to finish on Thursday, the carpet cleaners come on Friday, and then we descend on Saturday!

I've attempted to buy about 10 different ovens off of craigslist - only to lose out because I couldn't get there quick enough. Today I went to a used appliance store, described what I wanted, and the guy said "Oh yeah, I had exactly that 30 minutes ago - I bought it from someone - and then 15 minutes later a lady came in and bought it from me." Seriously...my luck in the used appliance department is pretty poor!!! : ) Anyone got a "No-Cook - Straight from the Fridge" cookbook I can borrow! If all else fails, we can always get one new.

Did I mention the two delightful 17 month old little girls who still like to be fed, clothed, and given attention! They actually have been the best part of this madness. Nothing relaxes me more than stopping to play with them, cuddle them, tickle and laugh with them!

Okay - so I've giving up on U-Haul (have been on hold for the past 15 minutes)...realize after I scheduled our U-Haul reservation that I put the wrong date - grrr! Tomorrow is a new day! Goodnight.

1 comment:

elisa said...

how did the move go today?
elisa