Sunday, September 21, 2008

Toddlers

The girls seem more and more like toddlers and less like babies everyday. This past week Jasmine has been walking around the house muttering to herself, "No, no, no." Then this weekend, she apparently felt like she was practiced up and began demonstrating her new command of the word, "No!" It is funny and occasionally helpful...I know these days are limited and I won't think it is cute for long - but for now it is just fascinating to watch her figure out the meaning of the word and how/when to use it!

We've been working on transition to one nap from two...with variable success. Jasmine is ready, Addie is not! So today Jasmine took one 2.5 hr. nap and Addie took two 45 minute naps! While Addie was taking nap #2, Jasmine and I went shopping for fall clothes at a local children's resale shop. It was SO pleasant to have just one child and I think she was equally as happy to have the one on one time!

We're pretty sure we've suspended all "house-hunting" activities until spring. Alex's parents arrive in less than two weeks and once they leave the holiday season hits...and nothing sounds less appealing than try to move amidst all of that!

Addie has developed a new obsession. I need to get a picture to really capture it. She LOVES shoes. I got out a bunch of fall clothes/shoes and Addie has insisted on having a pair of shoes on and then carrying around several pairs everywhere she goes. Sometimes she has so many shoes in her arms, that she can't walk - play with toys - hold her sippy cup, etc.! Like I said...you need to see it in a picture!


Alex watched the girls and a friend's little boy two weeks ago so I could go to a conference to get CEU's (continuing education units) for my license as a social worker. He said it was a "Easy, fun day"...I know...sickening! Not that I wanted him to feel tortured...okay maybe just a little...


Amidst the shoes, Addie also discovered her sunglasses from this summer. She refused to wear them then, but now won't remove them when we are playing inside...!


Jasmine and her long locks!

1 comment:

Minor said...

Wished we lived closer to get the kids together!