Thursday, February 22, 2007

April 2nd

The end is in sight! My C-section has been scheduled for April 2nd. As of today I have about five and half weeks left to go! I really do hope that I make it all five weeks so that we can have healthy, developed babies. We have yet to pack our hospital bag - and Alex mentions it almost nightly...but that still hasn't motivated us to start the process.

The girls' room is getting closer and closer to ready! It is unbelievable how many clothes my girls already have!!! I think I'm jealous! : ) Thanks to all of you who have given me tons of hand-me-downs and new clothes. I'm curious to see just how big these babies are going to be when they arrive. I have friends whose babies skipped several clothes sizes (i.e. newborn, 0-3 months) because they were growing so rapidly!

My dreams have changed from not being able to find diapers to dreaming about wearing jeans, sleeping on my stomach, and being able to climb a flight of stairs! The girls' movement has become more and more fun to feel. There is such a difference in the slight flutters you feel earlier and the large head/arm/leg/foot jabbing that is happening now. I can even feel when one of the babies has hiccups since it is rhythmic! I'm measuring 40 weeks and create quite a spectacle when I'm out in public. Alex and I even had someone ask us at the mall on Sunday if I was in labor - uh....no....I hope not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you! I'm sure March will be the longest/shortest month for you on record. Long because of the discomfort in housing two babies and short because it's the last moments of peace for you and Alex for a long time!

I can't wait to meet these little angels.

Lauren said...

3.5 more weeks... can you believe it?? Has it felt like you've been pregnant forever? I'm starting to think its going to feel that way when September rolls around for me!