Friday, February 02, 2007

Upside down "L"

Just got back from my most recent doctor's visit and the babies are laying in an upside down "L" in my stomach. This means one is on the right side straight up and down - with her head closest to my head. Our other girl is laying horizontal above her sister's head - with her feet located conveniently within kicking distance of her sister's head! If they don't change position - this does mean I'll be having a C-section.

All appears to be going well. I heard both heartbeats and the doctor tried to show me that I could feel each one of their heads. All I could feel was a bunch of swishy! : ) The doc changed my due date to one week earlier (now April 22nd) since they are measuring so much larger than their first estimated due date. She said her goal is to see me get to 34 weeks at a minimum and if I made it to 37 weeks - she'd begin thinking about scheduling the C-section. So it sounds like either way - the girls should arrive late March or the very first part of April! I'm 29 weeks on Sunday....so only 8 weeks at most to go....ahahahah kinda scary!

Alex and I have decided to embrace the 1950's style bedroom - sleeping in seperate twin beds - but we are modernizing it by making it two queen beds! Apparently my snoring, potty breaks, and tidal waves of movement are a bit disruptive to Alex's sleep! I found I also slept much better when I had our bed to myself while Alex was traveling last week. So no snickering if you happen to see our current bedroom arrangement! : )

Now just awaiting the gestational diabetes test results - no news will be good news since the doctor will only call if there is a problem.

No comments: