Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Moms of Multiples

Last night I went to my first moms of multiples meeting. It was kind of surreal to be around only women who have a set of multiples. There were about 25 women at the meeting - most of them have one set of twins - two of them have triplets!!! One of the women with triplets was telling me that she already had a son and daughter, and had begged her husband to have one more...then they found out they were pregnant with not one but three boys!

I got lots of good tips about where to buy diapers in bulk, how to make your own baby food, how to feed both at once and get them on the same sleep/wake schedule...all very valuable information! Plus, I got to hear other women with older twins/triplets talking about potty training, sharing, dressing alike, etc. At some points I tried to fill my head with "Nah nah nah - I'm not listening" so that I didn't overwhelm myself with upcoming challenges that are years away! : )

No comments: