Monday, December 10, 2007

We Are On Our Second Beer


Don't worry - we aren't entering the world of alcoholism, but we are both drinking our second beers of the night! It has been a ROUGH day!!! Jasmine has been sick with a 102.5 temp since Friday and very very needy. I took her to the doctor today and she has two ear infections - poor girl! I got the girls home after the doctor's visit and picking up Jasmine's prescription and missing their afternoon nap...and it all feel apart!!!

We decided to make our own baby food over the weekend, but I couldn't break the sweet potatoes out of the ice cube tray so it was bananas and oatmeal for Addie (Jasmine isn't eating since she's sick). I gave Addie a bite of her mixture and she was not thrilled - spit it all out and gagged! So I moved on to her bottle and gave Jasmine her bottle. Alex got home in the middle of this (a relief - extra hands on board since Jasmine is extra cranky). I decided to give the oatmeal another go sans the bananas to see if Addie will take the food - one bite - PROJECTILE VOMIT for 1 minute...Seriously! I'm consoling Jasmine who is unhappy because her ears hurt, Alex is consoling Addie while he changes her into her second set of PJs for the night, the dogs are chasing each other around the house because they haven't had a walk today (freezing rain & ice), and it is CHAOS!

So if you've ever wondered what it is like to have twins - sometimes it is an absolute delight - and sometimes it is CRAZY! Alex went to the store after the girls went to bed for comfort food - we nearly finished a bag of chips, we're having marmalade on toast, and there is REAL BUTTER on our bread - a big splurge!!! : )

1 comment:

Sab Mad said...

I had a similar day with 2 more kids, no hubby, no beer & NO COMFORT FOOD!!!

I feel your pain...

I hope everyone gets better and so does you day today!