Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Buying Stock in Baking Soda

The drama began at 9:30 last night, when the dogs cornered a small skunk in a corner of our backyard.


Belle lost....and I raced to Wal-mart after googling how to get skunk spray out of dog fur. We made the recommended mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. I think it helped...


I'm currently have scent disorientation. I know our house smells a bit like skunk, but I can't quite tell how bad...afraid my nostrils may have been burned by the odor! Agh! For awhile this morning, I thought it was smelling pretty bad, but then realized Addie had a dirty diaper. Now I'm thinking it smells bad again, but perhaps I just need to go & shower? : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww! We used to have that problem with our dogs when I was a kid and we lived farther away from the city (near you, actually). We always did the tomato juice bath and it worked. But don't do it on white dogs or they turn pink!!

nancy said...

First a stinky sofa, now some stinky dogs! Th fun just never stops at the Green house, huh!? And I see Alex had the job of washing the dogs while you took the pictures... What a good hubby! :)

I've had dogs for years, and have never had the misfortune of a skunk run-in... (knock on wood).