Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mother Knows Best


Jasmine here -
So as you can see from the picture, I had an interesting weekend. It all started out normal. Addie and I got some good screaming and jumping accomplished in our cribs in the early am, shortly followed by fresh diapers, and breakfast.

The next part of our Saturday morning routine is to sit out on the front porch, have a swing, and practice our climbing on the steps. I love sitting on the steps and pretending I look like mom and dad. However, there is a key difference between me and them - I've got LOTS more energy. So...I can't just sit, instead I bounce up and down all the while defying gravity and leaning dangerously forward!

Mom told Dad that it didn't look good, and that soon my large head would plummet me forward and onto the cement, but Dad said, "She's fine." Thanks for the vote of confidence Dad - you're always so much fun! Unfortunately, Mom was right - I plummeted and then screamed and even bled a little bit, but mostly just got good and scraped up. I think Dad felt bad, because he brought me ice in a towel and Motrin and my sippy cup...

Now, I'm just sitting back and soaking up the pity! Plus - sometime I think people take me for the sweet, innocent one...so at least my wounds give me some street credit! Won't want everyone thinking Addie was the only one with a wild streak!

3 comments:

bakersinspringfield said...

This reminds me of something Jasmine's mother did when she was three and decided she must stand on the back of the glider swing to swing, as opposed to sitting in the swing. As might be expected, she fell and hit her cheek bone on the wooden seat resulting in a nice shiner for a few days. Beware, Jasmine's mother, people will think you beat your child! :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Still, Jasmine, you manage to look adorable even with a cut up face. Now, what have you learned from this little experience?!

Emilyah said...

Even with a scratched face, you are still absolutely beautiful Jasmine! Wish we lived closer so we could see you (and Addie too)!