Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun with Sick Toddlers

7:00 Feed girls breakfast - which they won't eat and throw on the floor.

7:15 Addie throws up the little breakfast and milk she had.

7:45 We're in the car on the way to drop Alex off at work - Addie throws up again.

8:30 We're home again and the girls are asking for the milk they didn't finish at breakfast - give it to them

8:40 Addie throws up again

9:00-10:00 Watch Sesame Street

10:00 Get toys for the girls, shut them in our bedroom so I can take a shower in the master bathroom.

10:05 Stepping in the shower, Addie appears at the door having just thrown up all over herself.

10:07 Strip Addie, take her in the shower with me to rinse her off. Step out of shower, diaper & dress Addie step back into shower.

10:10 Hear Jasmine screaming, step back out of shower, discover Jasmine is constipated, calm her & change her.

10:15 Get dressed myself

10:30 Addie is falling asleep on me - put her down for a nap

11:00 Feed Jasmine lunch (nice that Addie is sleeping so I don't have to explain to her why she can't eat)

12:00 Put Jasmine down for a nap

12:00-12:30 Call babysitter and cancel for this afternoon, call clients and cancel appointments

12:30 Addison wakes up and goes to her highchair begging for milk....

12:35 Call the girls godmother who agrees to bring over Sprite for Addie.

1:15 Jasmine wakes up screaming because I've put her to sleep in a pack n' play in our bathroom so she won't wake up Addie.

2:00 Put in a movie and cross fingers that the girls will sit with me quietly and watch it...HAHAHA! It lasted about 2 minutes!

3:15 Put the girls down for a second nap (even though they normally take one longer nap) because they are tired, I am tired, etc! : )

Still not sure if they've fallen asleep! Amazingly this is the first time one of our girls has a sickness that involves vomiting. Normally they'll get the endless runny nose and nothing else. I had to even call my mom and ask what I could give Addie to eat/drink since we hadn't been down this road before. I guess I should just count my blessings!

Poor Addie, it hasn't been her best week. Yesterday she found a mousetrap and snapped her hand in and today she is vomiting! Less than an hour now before we get to leave and pick up reinforcements (i.e. Daddy) from work.

3 comments:

Sab Mad said...

So sorry puke has hit your house!

Just be thankful that Jasmine isn't sick too! Multiple children throwing up is so not fun!

Your kids watch TV?! Mine have no interest whatsoever! So jealous!

Lauren said...

You get a halo for the day. Good grief... sounds like it was very trying. Poor Addie. Let's hope she doesnt share with Jaz

Kristine said...

Hope the girls are feeling better now!