Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Any Day But Tuesday

I am grateful that my children have rarely been sick this winter, but I could see some of the BIG ICKY coming our way last night. Jasmine was getting warmer and crankier as the night progressed. I had a feeling she'd wake up with a full fledged fever, but I HOPED it wouldn't really happen! Tuesday is the one day I am child free for 4 glorious hours while the girls are at Parent's Day Out.

She woke up with a fever - so one down. Then I realized I couldn't take Addie because pick up time would be in the middle of Jasmine's nap (who can nap forever - esp. when she's sick). So we began our "whiny clingy cooped up in the house yet another day" morning.

I decided at the conclusion of Sesame Street that I needed a shower for my sanity and since I hadn't washed my hair in two days! I put them in the bedroom with me with toys (per normal) while I showered in the master bath. Interruption #1 to my shower was a screaming match over who got to sit in the rocking chair - I turned the chair upside down so no one could rock. Interruption #2 - Jasmine screaming, I get out of the shower again to find my feverish child with blood dripping from her mouth, all over her pajamas, and on the carpet. She's somehow busted her lip...on who knows what! So I'm dripping wet with conditioner in my hair trying to soothe her, control the blood flow, etc. I eventually get her to a mild roar, hop back in the shower to quickly rinse out the conditioner, and then back to clean up Mina, the blood, etc. So much for restoring my sanity!

I get the girls settled with yet another round of toys in the back bedroom while I madly try to finish up some Ebay auctions that need to get listed!! The girls eventually wander back to the living room and are miraculously entertaining themselves without whining or fighting. I know this means they are probably doing something they shouldn't - but I decided I'd rather enjoy those 10 minutes of peace and clean up whatever mess they made! I think I made the right choice - a few shredded magazines was worth the price!

No comments: