Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Early 30th Birthday to Myself!

I've been wanting to celebrate my 30th birthday (which is actually June 28th) a bit early this year, since baby #3 will arrive within days of that date! I thought it would be fun to take a trip so...


Mid-March, my mom and I will be driving to St. Louis to board an Amtrak train to Chicago.


When we arrive we'll take one of these from Union Station to our hotel.


The Blackstone.


And rest our heads in our room until the next morning.


Then we will get up early and take another taxi to Harpo Studios where we'll watch one of Oprah's live shows (airs at 9 am in Chicago)! (Thanks Cassie!!!)

I think it's going to be a trip to remember. Now just cross your fingers that the show isn't something depressing - my mom and I see enough of that as therapists! I'll let you know closer to the date when you can look for us - I'm guessing since it is a live show it will air the same day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting - am an Oprah nut so definately let me know and I will look out for you. I know Friday's are the live shows.

Lauren said...

Ohhh.. wouldn't it be cool if you got on the Oprah's favorite things show???? Sounds like fun! I'd be researching places in town to eat on the food network's website so you can get the best of chicago. Of course, these days, I'm ALL ABOUT FOOD. I blame the tapeworm (aka baby). =)