Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Dressed and the Undressed


I burst out laughing when my dad stopped by last week in this get-up! Apparently there was a 2 for 1 sale on corduroy pants at JCPenney's and he thought it would be funny to own these outrageously orange pants. My mom helped him pick out a matching orange shirt and tie and then he thought he'd really tie the outfit together with a green vest my brother had given him for Christmas. Isn't he stunning! He was telling us later that night that people out in public had difficulty keeping a straight face around him...I wonder why...! One never knows when this outfit will make an appearance again...perhaps Halloween?



And then the undressed. My Parents as Teachers educator said the girls should be starting to be able to dress and undress themselves...and I think I have been secretly inhibiting this skill. Seriously, who wants their child to be able to remove clothing whenever they want. My real fear is that they will remove clothing and then diapers and have one of the poop smearing episodes I've heard other parents tell about. But alas, I've given in and started teaching them how to undress... : ) We've also started washing our hands using a stool at the sink and putting their own toys away. The other skill they should be working on is brushing their own teeth...we're lucky if we get them brushed! I guess the first step will be getting them their own toothbrushes! Well, I'm off to look for some 3T jeans at a local resale shop - the girls are saying ouch when I button their 2T pants - seriously 3T and they are not even 2 years old yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad's outfit is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen! I give him snaps for actually going out in public in that get-up. And your mom is a good sport for letting him do it. I can tell you I would never let Steve out of the house in such an ensemble.

Farrow & Chris said...

no toothbrush?!?? shame on you, miriam! (just joshing of course) Yeah, my parents as teachers educator said Holt should be using a fork by now and I hadn't even considered giving him such a dangerous object.

The Ford Family said...

Ok....so I must admit I haven't looked at your blog in awhile...imagine that! Haven't done much of anything on the computer recently. But apparently I missed the last few important entries...the one about you...being pregnant....!!! Had no idea!!! CONGRATS!!!! and it's a girl!!! No peeing on the walls for you! :-) I'm so happy for you. I'll have to look back over some entries and catch up on where you are! And your girls are beautiful...and big!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Your girls are getting so BIG! Congrats on your second pregnancy. I bet one will feel like a breeze compared to two. Love your dad's outfit!