Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Trip Part 2 - Austin, TX


We left Dallas for Austin so that we could spend some time with my brother, Andrew, and sister-in-law Sarah, and their newborn twins (Jack & Finn) and nephew, Sawyer. Above, Alex and I are one set of godparents for Jack and Finn's baptism - they didn't make a peep - such mellow little boys! Back in the pews, all grandparents were on duty entertaining the three toddlers and Stella. There were no major meltdowns during the service. Only Addie had ants in her pants and went back and forth from pew to pew - but I'll take that to screaming or flailing in the aisle any day!


Here's the latest supermom - my sister-in-law, Sarah was very calm and collected while we were there. You'd never know that she was caring for two newborns and an almost 2 year old. Andrew and she definitely make a good team. There was one dicey moment when Andrew got sick and was throwing up, Sarah ran out to get "sick supplies" for Andrew, my dad was feeding the three toddlers dinner (pictured below), my mom was giving Jack a bottle, Alex was giving Finn a bottle, and I was nursing Stella. It was an all hands on deck moment!!!


The girls LOVED playing with the cousin, Sawyer. Seeing them have so much fun together definitely made us all wish the miles between us were fewer. I look forward to seeing all the nonsense they'll get up to together in the years to come!

No comments: