Sunday, January 03, 2010

Merry Christmas from Craigslist


Well - actually Merry Christmas from my sweet husband who gave me $$$ for Christmas so I could find just the right piece of furniture for our home office. I wanted something that I could sit on with all three girls and read books. I looked at chair and a halfs, sleeper sofas, normal sofas, etc. I've been so conditioned by craigslist prices that retail prices were a bit shocking!

However, I wanted something unique and cozy that I almost bit the bullet and bought my furniture new - until this purple gem came up on CL. I offered $150 less than it was listed for...they countered with $75 less...I said I would accept if they delivered (it was a 75 minute drive away one way). They agreed and delivered this afternoon!

Items we have purchased on CL thus far - living room couch & loveseat, Stella's crib, the girls armoire, our Honda Pilot, kitchen chairs, kitchen table, misc. baby items, and this list doesn't include the items I bought and then later resold! Thank you Alex and CL - love the couch and the deal!

No comments: