Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Addie Ka Dabby


We recently hosted the weekly playgroup we attend, and a friend's child put on one of the girls' swimsuits to "dress-up". Ever since, they have been OBSESSED with swimsuits. Do we have a pool you ask? No (unless the little plastic one counts) Do we go to the pool often? Not really. But we do everything else in our swimsuits. Pictured above is one of Addie's favorite swimsuit activities. She'll put one on, and then run into my room to do "nastics" which is her version of gymnastics I guess! I'm actually loving this "dress-up" phase. They put the funniest clothing combos together and think they look stupendous. Very sweet. Now I just need to stock up their supply of dress up clothes!


Addie is our "do it by self" child. She loves figuring out new things that she can do independent of us. Here she is filling up the water table in the backyard. She requires no assistance in the bathroom, with her clothing, on her tricycle, barely lets me do her hair, wants to get everything in and out of the fridge alone, etc. There is definitely a struggle between enough and too much independence as she glides across the room with full glass of something on the way to the table. 50% of the time it ends up on the floor - but when she does make it, there is such a beam and an exclamation of, "I did by self!"

For as independent as Addie is, she is also so girly. She loves ruffles, pink, frills, accessories, skirts, and dress! Having little girls is so much fun. Often I envy their clothes and wish they came in my size - the colors and patterns are much more fun than grown-up fashions.

I love this little girl - she gives the biggest hugs and says, "I love you Mama" all the time...although sometimes it is right after she's been naughty.... : )

No comments: