Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The "Before" of the NEW HOUSE

Here are the "before" photos of the new rental house we are moving into in two weeks. TONS has changed already, and I've got big plans once we are actually inside of it!!! We got lots of latitude to improve/update the inside. These photos are filled with paneling and a house stuck in the not so cute past, but in a few short weeks this house isn't going to recognize itself. Stay tuned for the "after" pictures!

The yummy master bath...which will probably be the girls' bathroom. I'm more interested in the double sink main bath at the other end of the hall (can't wait to have my own sink!).

Don't you just love all the paneling - don't worry - for the most part now it has been removed. As we speak, beautiful wood floors are being installed and all of the walls have been given a fresh coat of paint.

Bottom right - the part I'm most excited about in this house - THE LAUNDRY ROOM! Yes, a whole room - so my delicates won't be air drying right next to my toaster and my sticky handed children!!!! I'm even going to sneak a daybed at the end for extra sleeping (or for a rowdy toddler who won't nap and wants to wake up her sister...). You are only seeing half of the laundry room, the other half is going to be a fabulous mudroom/landing spot for shoes and coats. I have an awesome 1960's 3-seater bench at the reupholster for this very spot!

No comments: