Friday, August 03, 2007

Score!


I take back all the nasty things I said about Ebay - at least for the moment! I have been watching this Kidco Elongate for an entire week and hoping I did not get outbid at the last moment. I figured when the finally seconds of the auction would be up and was determined to be at the computer ready to battle to the last second...but alas I was SLEEPING! So much for my entire week of planning to be hypervigilant! Lucky for me, no one had bid on the item in the last three days, and there were no last minute challengers. I awoke to the pleasant surprise of an e-mail in my inbox saying I had won. Here is the best part: Retail value of the gate plus the three extension included = $233.55. I paid - $91.00!!!! (that includes the shipping). Now the girls can crawl and crawl (once they can) around the dining room which we are converting to our playroom and I don't have to chase them both like a banshee all day long.

The girls have given us sweet dreams the past two nights. On Wednesday night they slept from 7:30 to 5:30. Last night they slept from 7:30 to 4:30. I think the thing that is making a difference is the introduction of rice cereal to their evening diet! We hope this continues...but with everything babies - it is subject to change at any moment!

1 comment:

Emilyah said...

Yeah Miriam, amazing deal!!

Thanks for the comment and hope! The strange thing is, Nathanael never had a greater amount of spit-up than any baby without reflux. If not for the little green spit-up one time and occasional fussiness while nursing, we would never have known he has reflux. I'll count that as a blessing! :)
Glad to here Jasmine is doing better, I remember you saying you had to change her whole outfit from her spitting up!
Our Pediatrician said it should be better by 3 months, and that is what Nathanael is today! He has 1-2 weeks left on the medicine and I'm certain we will not be getting more- it was also expensive, even with insurance!