Friday, August 10, 2007

Three Years


The many sides of Addison. Alex warns me that Addison will not be thrilled that I am including this picture in her baby book! I am officially envoking my "mother's rights" and saying I don't care! I hear "mother's rights" work well for sharing of naked baby pictures.


Jasmine is a new woman this past month! I don't know that I can narrow down to any one thing, but I think that the combination of better naps, more sleep at night, less reflux, and more social skills have made her a happier baby. It is nice to get lots of smiles, chats, and laughs out of her. It almost makes me forget all the screaming of the first three months!


Here are some pictures of the girls hanging out together on the popazon in the kitchen - I usually put them there together when I'm doing laundry or getting something to eat in the kitchen! As you can see from the photos, it is still difficult to get simultaneous grins.


As of August 7th, Alex and I have been married for three years! Alex made the above meal to celebrate at home and then beat the pants off of me in a board game!

It has been an eventful three years:

The first year we had the whole newlywed adjustment thing, got our first dog, I finished graduate school, we both started new jobs, and we went to Africa to see his family.

The second year we bought our house, watched our house burn, moved out and back into our house after repairs were complete, and got our second dog.

And not to be out done in our third year we got pregnant and had twins! It is a little daunting to imagine what year four could bring...one thing is for sure...no more dogs! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late Anniversary!!!!

Those new pics are absolutely ADORABLE of the girls! I need to get back over there and see them again!

Ms. Burly said...

Happy Anniversary! 3 Years goes by so quickly, hard to imagine what we will feel like at 25. The meal looks delish - can I come over for dinner? He hee.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Seems like you have crammed quite a bit into those first three years. Just imagine what will happen in the next three! Alex, nice dinner! I thought you'd taken a picture of a restaurant meal.

The girls are precious and amazing. You both are really blessed.