Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Competition


Alas, my bountiful pregnancy has changed my shoe size from an already large size 12 to the ever hard to find size 13! I've finally accepted the fact that several of my shoes will never fit me again! Finding shoes in my new size 13 is rather difficult. My options fall into two categories - pleather loafer with velcro closure...possibly for later on in life but not now & the other side of the spectrum - 5 inch heels that are red patent leather and marketed to crossdressers!

It is almost frightening what a search on Ebay of women's size 13 shoes will bring up...seriously it is half crossdressing shoes - and the other normal half has "crossdressers welcome" in their text! I just never thought I'd be competing with men on ebay for shoes. I should have seen it coming when I was at Nordstrom Rack's Big Size Shoe event in Chicago. A large (football player size) black man and I were eyeing the same high heeled black leather boots!

I've put some of my shoes on Craigslist...and low and behold the first person interested is named Brad!

3 comments:

Sab Mad said...

Miriam - I laughed so hard when I read this! One of the things that no one ever told me when I was pregnant with Caleb was that my feet would grow and be bigger than before I was pregnant. I, too, had to get rid of all my shoes and start over. Another way kids have cost me a fortune!

Ms. Burly said...

Miriam - seriously think about stand-up. This was such a funny post, Not funny for you, but funny!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Miriam, you're so funny! However, I cannot begin to fathom the pain you're experiencing with such a small selection of footwear. I used to work at a shoe store that specialized in large sizes and many of our customers were men. It was kind-of creepy. However, most of them were really nice.

Hopefully, the Internet will help you on your quest for fashionable shoes at reasonable prices. If I hear of anything I'll let you know. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!