Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Switcho Chango

Jasmine has redeemed herself the last few weeks. She was the one with colick...we did in fact call her "The Beast" at times because she was unhappy so often! Now - completely different child. She has been sleeping and sleeping. I have to wake her up from most naps (after 2 hours) so that she'll stay on schedule with Addison. She is happy the entire time she is awake...hardly recognize her! (There is still the little problem of stranger anxiety which sends Jasmine over the edge in seconds...)

Addison, on the otherhand, has become quite grumpy! She makes you work for a smile from her - wakes up from most naps way too early - and cries like you've abandoned her if you don't come quickly enough! What happened to my little girl that I couldn't get down quickly enough for naps? She'd usually fall asleep in my arms on the way back to her bedroom. Yesterday, after a bit of screaming because I wouldn't let her up from her nap yet - I heard silence - extended silence. I couldn't resist my curiousity and peeked into their room - could it be that she'd fallen back asleep? NOPE! Instead, there she was propped up on her belly with one arm pulling down the crib bumper. She was scanning her room with absolute delight - enjoying her elevated view - and still not napping!!!

We did have a sweet moment yesterday. I was at a women's group that I go to on Tuesday and I put the girls down for a nap. I went in to check on them since Addison was screaming when I first put them down. (They were sharing a Pack N Play - but don't normally sleep together). Jasmine had reached out and was holding her sister's hand - perhaps comforting...or just looking for something new to suck on! Sweet nonetheless!

1 comment:

Sab Mad said...

Twins keep you on your toes. Just when you think you have them figured out...

I love your sweet story of them holding hands! I pray that our twins always look towards each other for comfort & love.