Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Back to Life Back to Reality..."


"Back to the here and now oh yeah...!" It was a nice break to be on my own for a brief 48 hours. I really enjoyed just relaxing and shopping and chatting with my girlfriends. There was a little bit of drama....! I was driving my friend, Angie's car home on Sunday (she's very pregnant and needed a break). I neglected to pay attention to the gas guage. At some point, Angie looked over and noticed that the gas light was on...of course she wanted to know how long it had been on...um...I had no idea! Of course this all occurred on a stretch of road where there were NO GAS STATIONS for 20 miles!!! We both sat in anxiety filled silence as we scanned the horizon for any signs of gas. Every twitch of the car felt like eminent doom. Fortunately - we made it to a gas station and put 11 gallons of gas in her 10 gallon tank...hum...oops! I don't think anyone would ever let me forget it if I had stranded a pregnant woman on the side of the road! Yes dad, I know...this isn't the first time I would have run out of gas...I guess some of us never learn!!! : )


The girls now roll towards one another on their blanket and interact. This is what I saw when I looked up yesterday from the kitchen. Addie had rolled beneath Jasmine's arm - they were looking at each other and smiling! How cute!


Apparently the new highchairs are very comfortable!!! : )

Oh - and much much much credit is due to Alex! While I was gone, he swept and vacuumed the house, washed all the windows in the house, cleaned/washed out the fridge, got rid of some paint we needed to toss, and loved on and entertained the girls! What a LUCKY girl am I!!! Maybe I should go away more often...... : ) Just kidding!

2 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

You forgot to mention that Alex also did all of those wonderful things, and still found the time to watch the Springbok's win the Rugby World Cup. Way to go South Africa. Someday I hope that I can be "man of the year" that Alex is turning out to be.

Lauren said...

Good Grief, Miriam! You look terrific! Who could imagine you had twins? I can only hope to get back into my own clothes. =) You give me hope!!!
- Lauren