Friday, October 19, 2007

Husband of the Year


Last Saturday, I was standing in the kitchen in the late afternoon when Alex handed me a card. The card told me I was going on a surprise date and to get myself ready because the babysitter was going to be here in just a half hour! I love surprises - I ruin most of them by discovering them too soon with my abundant curiousity. It was strange just to get in the car and have no idea where we were going! Our mystery destination was to the "One Night Only, Sold-Out, Bill Cosby Show." We had such a good time - and laughed until our faces hurt!!! It was so fun to see Alex laughing - wishing he could stop because he was in pain - but couldn't because it was so funny! Needless to say we had a great time - and I have a wonderful husband who is keeping the romance alive.

Extra bonus points for him as well, because I'm leaving today for a girl's weekend in Kansas City. This will be Alex's first overnight without me! I'm more than confident that he'll be fine - he does just as much work with the girls as I do - if not more some days! I'm looking forward to being on my own schedule just for a few days - not working about napping or feeding times. Should be fun~!

No comments: