Friday, October 26, 2007

Green...and very green!

According to my doctor, you are suppose to process through baby food as follows: rice cereal (or oatmeal), than the yellow/orange vegetables, then green, and then fruit. You are only suppose to introduce one new food every five days. We started with rice cereal, moved on to oatmeal, loved squash, were estatic about sweet potatoes, gobbled up carrots...and then today we turned green! Here are some before and after photos of the girls eating peas for the first time.


Jasmine, oh Jasmine, you are in cahoots with your grandma. At various points in my life, my mom said to me, "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" Well mom - your prayers have been answered in one respect. Jasmine looked increasingly offended as I shoveled peas into her mouth. Then to really end with a show stopper she gagged until she spit up most all the peas that she was fed! Confession - I was a gagger - even into adolescence...I deserve it...


Addie tolerated the peas for a few bites - but as the number of bites grew - the faces worsened!!! : ) I missed some priceless ones because it was hard to manuever the spoon and the camera simultaneously. Eventually, she just buried her face in the side of her chair and refused to look at me until I put the peas down and gave her yummy carrots!

Don't worry girls - only 4 more days of peas, 5 days of green beans, and then maybe you'll get some fruit! : )

3 comments:

Emilyah said...

Miriam, this is hilarious; we got the exact same expression earlier this week when we fed Nathanael peas for the first time... it must be in the genes. ;)

Emilyah said...

p.s- I have never heard of giving food the way the girls pediatrician said to. We started with rice and it made N sick so we just jump into everything else and our (now former) pediatrician said we could even puree table food for him- we haven't done that yet though. He loves bananas and avocado pureed though and it is great for them, maybe your girls would love it too? Nothing except rice cereal has affected him, but prune juice has become regular (and hated) around here- how did you get your girls to drink it?

Anonymous said...

I laughed; I cried. (Not really the crying part). But the pictures are indeed worth a thousand words. Thank you for sharing.

Penny (aka "Newest Grammy on the Block.").