Monday, July 16, 2007

Another First


Today was the first time I walked the girls by myself in the stroller! You might think that this event should have occured sooner...but it really is more difficult than it looks. Everytime Alex and I have tried to take a walk with the girls, one of the girls ends up screaming and seriously unhappy. We then have to hold one child for the rest of the walk, or stop and feed either one or both of the girls.

The thing I think made the difference today was I put them in the stroller without their carseats, since they have some head control I thought they might be more able to stay upright. They get very hot very quickly in their carseats and I think sans carseats both girls were happier and cooler! It also helped that I took them walking just after they had woken up from a nap - when they tend to be happiest!

They LOVED the walk! I stopped a few times and walked around front so I could see their faces, and they were both wide-eyed taking in their surrounding. An added bonus was that strapping one dog to each side of the stroller wasn't a problem at all! They both kept pace with the stroller and were happy to get out of the house! The only time Jasmine cried was when we stopped for a bit so Belle could "use the facilities"~!

Getting out of the house and getting some exercise definitely gave me the mood lift I needed! I may even try another walk this afternoon! : )

4 comments:

Ms. Burly said...

Soo cute! I am excited that you can get out with your family (all 4 of your kids) and enjoy the summer days!

The D's said...

Wow Miriam, you never cease to amaze me! This picture is worth a thousand words! Keep up the good work.

The Watson-Smiths said...

Now I thought I was doing well with Noah and his friend and one dog. People were turning there heads then! Here here to large pavements!!!

Hope you guys will come visit us in France. You are welcome anytime!

Marcela González said...

La verdad es que no entiendo mucho de inglès, pero vi la foto, y me acordè cuando mis gemelas eran bebès. Felicidades por tan lindo regalo de Dios!!!!