Monday, July 09, 2007

Fourth of July


We drove up to Kansas City with my parents to celebrate the holiday with my mom's side of the family. It had been a long time since we had all been together in one place! It was fun to be with all of my cousins, brother and sister-in-law and their friends, and meet my cousin Nik and his wife Emily's new baby boy Nathanael (who was born shortly after our girls). We even had our own fireworks display put together by my cousin David. The girls found the whole event too exciting to sleep - so Alex and I were a bit weary on the drive home - but nonetheless, we had a great time and love our extended family very much! Thanks so much for all your extra hands with the girls as well!

1 comment:

Ms. Burly said...

What an amazing photo of your family! Very patriotic too! I love it. I'm glad you had a nice time with your extended family.