Friday, July 27, 2007

Ebay Smeeebay

I've been outbid and outbid and outbid - seven times over!
I was trying to buy this:


The girls have gained enough mobility to get feet and arms stuck in the bars of their cribs whenever they burst free of their swaddles. Lodged appendedges = Screaming = Sleep loss for all. With all the SIDs information saying to stay away from normal bumpers, this leaves just the Breathable Bumper to stop the late night lodging.

I thought I get myself a deal on ebay and buy some used bumpers - um - no! People are willing to pay almost what you'd pay for a new bumper - which makes getting a deal impossible! I thought this afternoon I had finally gotten a deal and with 9 seconds left, I was outbid! Ruthless! Alex tells me that is the way it goes on ebay - I guess I've got to practice my last minute bidding skills.

However, I've given up on the bumpers, and paid full price for them at Target.com. The bumper I was bidding on this afternoon went for $16.49 + $6.00 shipping. I bought the same one (BRAND NEW) for $24.99 and got free shipping!

Now I'm bidding on a baby gate - and I'm ever hopeful - my bid is 1/8 of the item's retail value...but it is still 6 days out and apparently a lot can happen between now and then - especially in the last nine seconds!

2 comments:

Emilyah said...

I love bidding on ebay- it is fun to get a great deal, but SO frustrating when you get outbid at the last second. This happened to me many items on text books and most recently with our jogging stroller- I ended up purchasing it on another website, lower price and no shipping.
Before N was born I was in a bidding war for the lamp that matches his bedding set- apparently they didn't make near as many lamps as they did bedding- I won it in the last 4 seconds.

Did you check all around the internet for the breathable bumper? We're still using N's regular bumper... for now anyway.

Soli Deo Gloria said...

those are great bumpers- we use these as well and love them. Besides the safety, they are also very easy to get on and off when you have to change the girls' bedding. Good for you for getting a good deal!