Monday, July 02, 2007

Um...Scratch That!

So...after I wrote the post about napping, I decided I'd give it another go. I put the girls down for an afternoon nap in their room. The one critical element I included this time was...drumroll...I swaddled them like we do at night...and...drumroll...I had to wake them up after two hours!!!!!! So we may be slow learners, but at least we keep trying, right?! I guess I'll continue to perfect the napping thing...but I'm definitely feeling more hopeful. Oh! And ironically (sarcasm) they were actually happy babies after their nice long nap - it was lovely! Did I mention they are napping again right now?!!! I was reading on a development e-mail I get that 3-4 month old babies can nap 3 times a day for 2 or so hours each time. It was crazy to have free time again - I ate my lunch in peace, put away laundry, paid bills, and even painted my toenails! I think I'm on a "my babies are napping simultaneously" high!

2 comments:

Emilyah said...

About a month ago we too had trouble with naps but we realized we still needed to swaddle Nathanael, duh, why didn't we think of that sooner?! Sorry we didn't think to clue you all in on that as well, but yippee for naps!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Glad your girls are napping! I've found car rides help too. I'm sure a little harder with two. I haven't read your blog in a while. I enjoyed catching up and seeing the new pics. Hannah didn't like tummy time much either. Do your girls like Baby Einstein? I would often put one of those in to encourage her holding up her head. Soon they will be rolling over! It goes so fast! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!