Friday, March 14, 2008

Ah, Friday!

It's been a pretty good week (with one particularly challenging client encounter last night...but we won't get into that!) The girls and I just got back from a beautiful walk in 60 degree weather. We even stopped at our neighborhood playground on the way home for some swinging. I can't wait until they can take full advantage of the slide & other climb on equipment.

So...I was going to pay someone to make a new header for me...because although I was a graphic designer - I'm a first class wimp when it comes to html code. Thankfully Blogger made it easier than I realized! I sort of cheated (so don't think I'm too clever) and didn't design the header myself - I reworked some free wallpaper to work as a header. I wanted to see if it would work before I put too much time into designing something 100% original! I didn't realize there is a whole world of digital scrapbooking out there - and all of those pretty pieces come together to make great headers for very little $$$. Perhaps designing blog headers will become my seventh part-time job! : )

Addie's new accomplishment this week has been perfecting the art of the tantrum. Seriously - this is not just your regular burst into tears protest anymore. This is the look at your parent, throw yourself on the ground, kick, scream, and if this does not produce the desired affect, repeat as necessary! Alex and I just stared at Addie in amazement as she began throwing herself on the floor, screaming, looking at us, back to the floor, more screaming - it was pretty funny...actually it still kind of is... : ). I know - it won't be fun in the aisle in Target, or at the check-out at the grocery store...The most amazing part is she hasn't seen any other children do this...so does that mean tantrums are part of our natural tendencies?

Often I watch my girls when they get frustrated, mad, even scared, and I can identify with what it feels like to be shaking in frustration/anger...ah but now I'm old enough to know how to control it...so I guess no tantrums allowed (unless alone in the closet with the door shut!) from this 28 year old adult!

6 comments:

Emilyah said...

Too funny about the tantrum (I mean the part about the closet). Love your header- I've been working on ours for months and obviously haven't finished it... we'll see when that happens. :) Have a great weekend!

Sab Mad said...

If you do decide to take on work as a blog designer, I would love to pay you to give my blog a face lift. Seriously, I have been looking for someone to do it and everyone that is reasonably priced is on a LONG waiting list!

You should seriously consider this as a job. I have, but then I remembered that I have NO experience with computer coding...

Sab Mad said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I like the new look! :)

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

I'm impressed by the new Header!! I would like to do something like that but html is not really my friend. Maybe if I get brave one day. : )

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

I must say I am impressed by the new header. I would like to do something like that on our blog, but html is not really my friend. : ) Maybe one day I'll get brave. Looks great!

nancy said...

Well, it is good to know that the little things that I like about your blog are that way because you have a background in graphic design! Now I don't feel so bad! Like I told you before, the header looks great... AND, I am going to have to invite you to lunch sometime and bring my laptop so you can show me how you get 2-3 pics side-by-side!! I've tried, but can't figure it out! :)