Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Was Croupy



We had a good, but chilly Easter! The girls are wearing their Easter outfits (notice not dresses). Grandma Baker helped me pick these out for the girls - I voted against dresses since the girls are crawling and would be super frustrated if they couldn't move! It was hard for my mom not to get something fluffy, frilly, and all together girly, but I promised that once they are walking she can go all out!

I couldn't get any pictures of them both smiling, so I just Photoshoped one together! See if you can see where one picture ends and the other begins (top photo)!

On Easter night, Jasmine woke up with a horrible cough about 5 times! She'd get coughing so hard she'd start hyperventilating and would need us to calm her down. We went to the doctor in the morning and were told that she has croup and an ear infection! According to the doc, croup will pass on its own and only needs treatment (steroid shot) if she was having trouble breathing during the day. However, it is highly contagious which means Addie, Alex, and I should get it! In adults, croup manifests as larengitous - which I think I might have! All in all, it hasn't been too bad. The worst part has been keeping up on my and Jasmine's runny noses.

Since we so contagious, its going to be a week of isolation/hibernation! I've already reorganized my linen closet, and have ideas for several other projects! As for right now, I'm going to load up the girls and take advantage of this nice weather while we have it.

4 comments:

nancy said...

What cute girls!! And, again with this photoshopping... I MUST buy this for my laptop... I would've never guessed the top photo was actually 2 pics morphed together.. Hmmm... wonder if I can touch up this summer's swimsuit pics!

Sarah Jean said...

The outfits are very cute! After studying the pic, Andrew and I think you Photoshoped Addie into the pic...but, it's really hard to tell! :) It was a great visit with your parents. We did miss having you guys around during the visit, especially at dinner time! So, we're really looking forward to seeing you for the baptism next week!

Angie said...

Sorry to hear you are all in quarantine - I love the Easter outfits!! Smart thinking on no dresses :)
The girls look so cute..hard to believe that first birthday is just around the corner!!

Lindsey said...

WOW!!! One year! I just can't believe it. It was just the other day when we were in Loves Cradle... The girls are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing Miriam. You are blessed with an amazing family. Love, Andrea and Iylona Adkins