Sunday, April 06, 2008

Broken Soldier

Okay, here are some words that you will never hear from me..."Full-time, stay-at-home Mom...now there's an easy job." Three days into it and I'd say I've come close to losing my mind a few times already!

Some background...Mim went to Austin this weekend with her folks for our nephew's Baptism (check out cute little baby Baker!). They left early on Friday morning and shall return tomorrow, supposedly around noon. Is it bad to wish time away?? Let's just say that Mim will get a very enthusiastic welcome home!

Quite how she does it, I will never know. I think if I were to stay at home full time, two things would happen: I would be a complete lard-bucket! It is nigh impossible to resist snacking all the time when there's and pantry and fridge full of chow right there! I think I now understand Mim's insistence that I take all snack foods (cookies, left-over dessert etc.) to work. The second thing that would happen would be nothing...apart from the babies being clothed (sometimes!), fed and diapered. No laundry, no cleaning, no walking the dogs, no organizing the house....seriously, Mim sometimes does all of that in a single day and I struggle to get just one in!

So I guess here's to all the stay-at-home mums out there, especially mine! I love you Mrs Green and really, truly appreciate everything that you do for me and our gorgeous little girls!

2 comments:

Sab Mad said...

Dear Broken Soldier -

I am glad that you appreciate your Mim (that is so cute!!) and thank you for appreciating all the hard work of us stay at home Mums around the world.

Although you may be broken, you are still brave to have taken on the two beauties on you own. My Love is not as brave as you are. But then again, I guess he does have 2 more than you... I guess I will cut him some slack!

Sincerely,
Stay at home MUM Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Alex, did you survive? Were there any casualties (aside from your sanity)? I'm sure the girls loved spending time with their daddy and I think it's good for you to experience life as a mom. I don't know if I could do it!