Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Ladies!


Doesn't this picture just blow your mind?! I did save you the unsightly stretch marks by making it a silhouette. We took this picture the night before - and I didn't change my shape at all - holy huge! And if you aren't convinced that I look large enough, here's me in the flesh below the day before the girls arrived.


My goodness! Enough said... : )


The sweet little ones doing their best to sleep with all the flash photography!


And then there is present day! On Monday, Jasmine & Addison were playing in the playroom quite contently. I even went into the kitchen to get something - all was quiet - until I hear Jasmine whining. Upon my arrival, I see this! She has wedged herself behind the papasan chair. The first close-up is her sweet face showing her best plea for help. But, her mom keeps taking pictures instead. The next face cracks me up! This face clearly says, "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"


And at last, Addie! She likes to show off for our Parents As Teachers aid. Last time Nancy was here, Addie crawled for the first time. Today she decided she'd walk. Up to today, she has HATED all of her walking toys - whines when we stand her up next to one. However, once Nancy arrived, Addie grabbed a kitchen chair and walked around with it for awhile. Promptly dismounted, crawled to her closest walking toy, pulled up, and did some more walking...all the while having that "I'm so proud of myself and you should be too" grin plastered across her face!

Ah! One year - it has gone by so fast! We are loving being parents of our two sweet little girls.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy birthday, girls!! :)

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday, Addison and Jasmine!!

Minor said...

Dang, I am sure this comment will get edited, but you are huge (or were huge). That just ain't right. Thank goodness for silhouette, because I don't think I could take the real picture.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girls! You are both so beautiful! Miriam, I can't believe you carried those two and lived to tell about it! Of course, today you are svelte and gorgeous! Sorry we'll miss the party, but we'll all get together soon.

SaraSeashell said...

Hey girl! I linked to you through Amy. Your belly silhouette is Bee-Yoo-Tiful!!! I love it, and don't worry, you were only big in the right places. :) It's fun to peek in on your gorgeous family.
Hugs and Hugs,
~Sara