Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mommy's Little Helpers


Here's a shot of one of the girls new favorite activities - raiding the fridge. As soon as I open the door, it is a mad dash by both of them to get to the fridge before I close it! If they are too late, they both sit by the fridge and throw a tantrum. I've discovered that tantrums are better than little hands grabbing whatnot out of the fridge and throwing it on the floor!

Addie was awake first from the afternoon nap (of course!) and caught me in the middle of sweeping. She usually chases the broom around and tries to grab the dog hair out of my dust pile...yuck I know! So, I gave her the mini broom from the dustpan and she had a BALL! It was funny how quickly she started to mimic me - she was sweeping - she was "using" the dustpan - and mostly she wanted to sit in the middle of my pile of dirt and push it around with her broom...maybe not helpful...but at least distracting!

Other things my little helpers can do:

1.) Unfold newly folded laundry
2.) Unravel the toilet paper roll
3.) Remove vent covers and throw them down vent hole
4.) Wash any and all objects in dogs' water bowl
5.) Pick small items (dog hair, leaves, etc.) off of floor and hand them to mom
6.) Empty silverware out of dishwasher (doesn't matter if it is clean or dirty) perhaps that's why they suck on each piece first...in case it is dirty? : )
7.) Pull wipes out of wipes container
8.) Rearrange furniture (usually in an attempt to make steps to climb)
9.) Clean out my purse (usually when I'm not looking!)
10.) Give great big kisses! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, my sounds like you have a busy house! I'm sure it's hard to get mad at those little, innocent faces. After all, they just want to help!

Lauren said...

You have got to be one BUSY momma! They really keep you on your toes!!