Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend


So here's my little helper in action! She loves handing me the silverware SO MUCH that I find myself feeling guilty if I unload the dishwasher while she's eating or napping and unable to assist!


The girls have just discovered the great outdoors. Since the weather has been much nicer lately (omitting the deluges of rain and occasional tornadoes), we've been spending lots of time outside. We alternate between the front porch and the back deck. The girls now go to the doors and whine to be let outside! And yes, it has happened...a child (Addie) has finally figured out how to escape out the doggie door this morning....darn it!


Here's Super Dad hard at work on Saturday morning! Alex is so amazing about giving me a break whenever he is home - he takes over meals, entertainment, the really nasty diapers, and even lets me sleep in a bit. This past Saturday, I spent the morning with my mom shopping at the farmer's market, flea markets, and having lunch together. Super Dad mowed the lawn while watching the girls and dodging the rain!


Here we all are celebrating Mother's Day together with a BBQ in the evening. It is so nice to have my parents so close by - we love seeing them - and the girls love it too! Although, their reactions to grandma and grandpa are quite different these days. Addison automatically freaks out when someone comes over (she automatically assumes - usually correctly) that we are leaving and this person is her babysitter. Jasmine, on the other hand, pulls out her best tricks and begins showing off. She has figured out that grandpa is all kinds of fun and really enjoys her time with him. We definitely did miss celebrating with the newest mom in our family, my sister-in-law Sarah!

And lastly, my Mother's Day present - a funky chair from a flea market! I LOVE button backed furniture! I know that this chair won't be beloved by all, but I love it. Someday when money flows freely around here, I'll have it recovered and paint the wood either white or gold - but for now I'm just going to replace the foam in the cushion.

Oh, and one last thought - for all of you bloggers out there - if you want a way to make your blog into a book check out www.blurb.com This website provides you with free software that will automatically download all the text and pictures from your blog and even put them into layouts. All you have to do is go through and adjust your layouts to your liking and pay to have it printed. I've nearly finished my 2006-2007 Green Blog Book and it looks like it will be about $30 to have my 100 page book printed! I think I'm going to do this every year instead of a scrapbook - it will be our family's yearbook! The only downside to blurb is the software is a bit slow (at least on my computer) - can feel like the speed of dial up at times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Love the chair. Actually, I like the upholstery, but I like weird stuff!

Sab Mad said...

The girls look so big!

Thanks for the tip on printing the blog...I've been wanting to do that, but haven't had the time to research. I love the idea of a family yearbook!

Lauren said...

I LOVE the blurb tip! Thanks a million for this one. I was going to "print" my posts out and was thinking it was going to be an ugly mess. This is an AWESOME keepsake. Love Love love it!

Sarah said...

First of all, happy mother's day a week late... and second I absolutely envy that beautiful chair! That is such a good find and fabulous gift.
Lastly, thanks for the hint about the "blog book".