Thursday, January 10, 2008

Get Me Outta Here!

I've been a bit mopey because Alex has four - week long business trips coming up on the next three months. I'm sure you can already hear the whine! I'd love to join Alex in New York, Germany, California - or any of the other exciting places he gets to go for work. He says that it isn't all that exciting since he's working - but come on - I just drool at the idea of being in an airport going somewhere - anywhere!

Well - the good news is I'll be joining him on one of the four trips!!! YEAHHHH! One of his trips in February is to Orlando, Florida - which is perfect! Leah, lovely Leah - my best friend and roommate pre-Springfield days lives in Orlando. We are even going to be able to swing the trip and stay on budget! Alex's ticket will be covered by his job and mine will be covered by frequent flyer miles. 

For a brief moment we felt like we were experiencing twin discrimination! Alex was arranging our itinerary with Delta and the guy on the phone said only one infant could fly free per family - WHAT!? So Alex said thank - but no thanks and hung up! Then we decided to call back just to see if this guy had his facts straight - and the next guy had no idea what the other guy was talking about! So the fam is coming to Florida! I've already started researching how to travel with our LARGE carseats, double stroller, etc. Thankfully I think Leah will be able to borrow two Pack N' Plays and two high chairs!

And tonight Alex asked me to join him for a work dinner (parents are babysitting)! And Saturday Alex asked me to go to movies with him!!! My outlook is brighter already.

No comments: