Thursday, February 07, 2008

About to be an Aunt!


I'm excited because I'm about to be an aunt! My sister-in-law is being induced today. It is even more exciting because they didn't find out gender so we have no idea if it is a boy or girl - or what his/her name with be! Alex and I are leaning the not finding out way when we have our next child...however if it is multiples again...there are no guarantees! Andrew and Sarah had a baby pool - guess the gender/weight/birth date. I guessed girl, 8lb 11oz, & today (2/7/08) as the birthday...how fun is that!

I've been doing projects around the house like mad because there is a photo shoot in our home this weekend. The photographer who took our wedding photos is taking pictures of our friends in our house for an OMM project called Love Nests - they won a contest for their love story - but couldn't be photographed in their own home since they live in Jeff City! Nothing like a professional photographer coming to your home to get you off your butt.

This week I reorganized the guest bedroom (my little Ebay business creates some massive clutter)!

I've been working on beautifying the nursery (never did much in there because I thought we were moving)! I had one brown crib and one white crib and always wanted a matching pair - but didn't want to be picky since they were both donated to us. I posted the brown one on craigslist.com and asked if anyone wanted to trade for a white one and I got several responses! We are going to trade tomorrow night - and the best part is it won't cost a thing!!! I've also hung pictures in the girls' room & name banners. I'll post a pict once the second white crib is in place and I have their little table painted white.

The girls have been fun this week. Addie is in the copying phase and loves to copy the noise I make (clicking my tongue, grunts, etc.) and Jasmine is doing her "ba, da, ya, la, ma" sounds like crazy. I think she uses BABABABABABA when she's angry - it is said the most often and with the most conviction! Alex says last night he was on his knees holding Jasmine's hands practicing walking with her - not to be left out - Addie grabbed the back of his shirt and practiced a few steps herself! That would have been a GREAT picture...but I was working so you'll just have to imagine it!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! Addie really looks different - older! They're hair is getting so nice and long. You could actually maybe get a barrette in there. Such sweet baby girls you have! Sounds like a fun age too. Wish we were closer!!
Love,
Lauren

Sab Mad said...

your girls are yummy!

The D's said...

Congrats on being an aunt, I just looked this morning at their blog and saw the still waiting post! Sorry you had to go through so much trouble with the house stuff! I'm sure it will be worth it though when we actually get to visit in person! See you soon!